Collaborate with Others
How to Reserve a Study Room or Presentation Room
Option 1: Call the Media Center at (619) 594-6757
Option 2: Visit in person and sign up at the Media Circulation Desk in the back.
Floor Carrels (24):
Floor carrels are individual desk booths available on the open floor of the media center.
- (18) DVD/VHS viewing carrels
- (4) CD/Tape Cassettes/Sound Recordings audio stations
- (2) study carrels for individual use
Video Rooms (4):
The 4 audio/visual rooms are for listening and/or viewing audio-visual materials in small groups of 2 - 5 individuals.
* Room A provides a region-free DVD player for foreign DVDs
Computer Rooms (6):
Both Macintosh and Windows platforms with scanners are available.
- (2) Macs: with iMovie 9.09/Keynote/Numbers & Pages with Adobe Creative Suite 6, and MS suite
- (2) Macs: with iMovie 9.09/Keynote/Numbers & Pages with Adobe Creative Suite 6, and MS suite and Final Cut Pro 6
- (4) Windows 7: PCs, with Adobe Creative Suite 6, and MS package
Media Presentation Room
The Media Presentation Room (Room 63) is a dual-purpose room for presentations, meetings and collaboration.
One end has a ceiling mounted camera and projector utilizing a wireless microphone allowing students to video their presentations directly to a 4 GB or higher flash drive
The other component in the room is a dual-screen MediaScape unit. This unit allows for the hookup of four separate computers with the ability to display one or two computer displays on either of the two 46” screens of the unit
Rooms are reserved for multimedia purposes
Examples of multimedia purposes are video editing, movie creation, image manipulation, graphic design, web page construction, audio composition, mastering and the like for one (1) three-hour period
Media Center Contact
Location: SDSU Library & Information Access, Library Addition 61N